Our first Catholic Women’s Wellness Retreat at the beautiful and peaceful grounds of Christus Rex Retreat House on February 18th was a great blessing, a great success measured by God’s love.
The blessing started with Fr. James Smith of Our Lady of the Gulf, who brought us the sacraments on a beautiful cold February morning.
Next, learning all about journaling from Catholic Wellness mom coach, Maria Cecilia, Functional Exercise from trainer Jake Forstall, and Self-knowledge from Dre/ convert Tammie LaSage was ideal to start off Lent on the journey of wellness through holiness.
Our meals were all made with the Bright Line Eating guidance of no sugar/flour with correct portion size for women.
We are grateful for the donations to the Catholic Swag bags from Catholic Wellness Moms.
This was the schedule for the retreat.
- 8 am: Registration
- 8:30 to 9:00: Confessions
- 9am: Holy Mass with celebrant Fr. James Smith
- 9:30: Breakfast
- 10am: Wellness of the Mind: Journal with Jesus for Transformation of Self by M.Cecilia Escobedo
- 10:30am: Break
- 11am: Wellness of the Body: Functional Movements for Everyday Living by Trainer Jake Forstall
- Noon: Lunch
- 12:45pm: Rosary Walk
- 1:15pm: Wellness of the Soul: Self-Knowledge Lends to Holiness by Tammie LeSage
- 1:45pm: How to have a “Little Way Wellness” Lent.
- 2pm: End
Save the date and get on the email list for our next two retreats coming up.
March 31st: Wellness for Healing: A Catholic mom’s retreat to bring about healing after the loss of a child with a well-balance wellness.
April 29th: Catholic Women’s Wellness Retreat.
If you would like to bring a Catholic Women’s Wellness retreat to your parish, please email us at email@example.com